TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE – CATRINA LIMITED LIMITED
The Customer’s attention is drawn to Clauses hereof which exclude or limit
the Shipper’s liability and those which require the Customer to indemnify the
Shipper in certain circumstances being Clauses §4.4, §4.5, §4.7, §5.3, §6.13,
§6.14, §7.3, §9, §13.A (Insurance), §13.B (Insurance), §13.C (Insurance).
§1. GLOSSARY OF TERMS.
The terms used in this document shall have the following meanings:
a) Shipment contract – civil-law agreement concluded between the Shipper and the
Customer providing that one of the parties thereof – the Shipper - shall be obliged to
deliver a number of services related to shipping of goods within the operational
framework of its company and that the counterpart – the Customer – shall be obliged
to pay compensation for delivery of these services;
b) Shipper (Primary Shipper) – in this case: Catrina Trans Limited based in the
United Kingdom – an entity which professionally undertakes, in exchange for
compensation and on its own behalf and on account of the Customer or else on behalf
and account of the Customer, to ship or receive freight, to organize the whole or part
of the freight transportation process or other services related to the servicing of a
shipment and its transportation. Under these Terms and Conditions of Service,
Replacement and Secondary shippers shall also be deemed as the Shipper.
c) Replacement shipper – an entity to whom the Primary Shipper may entrust
execution of the overall scope of services resulting from the shipment contract
concluded between the Primary Shipper and the Customer;
d) Secondary Shipper – an entity contracted by the Primary Shipper in execution of
the order to perform a specified part of its responsibilities;
e) Sender – an entity issuing the shipment to the representative of the Shipper in
execution of the shipment service contracted
f) Recipient – an entity receiving the shipment delivered by the Shipper in execution
of the shipment service contracted;
g) Customer – an entity contracting the Shipper to execute the shipment service –
this can be the Sender, Recipient or other entity;
h) Shipment order – an application sent electronically (e-mail, online form or
replacement form provided by the Shipper and made accessible on the Shipper’s
website at: www.catrinatrans.co.uk) or made by telephone (numbers provided on the
Shipper’s website at: www.catrinatrans.co.uk) informing the Shipper about the wish
to send a shipment;
i) Shipment – freight received for shipment from one Sender to one Recipient;
j) Waybill – document, based on which the Shipper is executing the freight shipment
§2. GENERAL TERMS OF AGREEMENT
1. These Terms and Conditions of Service shall provide terms of delivery of shipment
and transportation services under the contracts concluded between Catrina Trans Limited –
hereinafter referred to as “the Shipper” and its clients, hereinafter referred to as “the
2. Upon signing the Agreement, the Customer shall conclude with the Shipper a
shipment contract with these Terms and Conditions of Service being an integral part
thereof – on terms set forth in the TCoS document.
3. If any legislation, to include regulations and directives, is compulsory to any
business undertaken, these Conditions shall, as regards such business, be read as
subject to such legislation, and nothing in these Conditions shall be construed as a
surrender by the Shipper of any of its rights or immunities or as an increase of any of
its responsibilities or liabilities under such legislation and if an part of these Conditions
be repugnant to such legislation to any extent, such part shall as regards such
business be overridden to that extent and no further.
4. Under the terms of the shipment contract, the Shipper shall be obliged to ship or
receive freight or to deliver other services relating to freight transportation within the
scope of its business activity and in exchange for a specified compensation.
5. The shipment contract shall be deemed as concluded upon receipt of the order by
the Shipper, unless the Shipper has notified the Customer without unnecessary delay
that the order has not been accepted.
6. The Customer shall be obliged to read and accept the Agreement and Terms and
Conditions of Service before delivering the shipment to the Shipper.
§3. SCOPE OF SHIPPER SERVICES
1. The Shipper shall provide services in the domain of international shipment of
freight, including the following types of service:
a) CATRINA CLASSIC, including: CATRINA CLASSIC STANDARD and CATRINA
b) CATRINA VAN;
c) CATRINA SPED.
2. The scope of shipment services provided by the Shipper to the Customer shall be
specified for every individual shipment, and may cover the following activities:
• advice/consulting on terms of shipment, selection of itinerary and means of
• advice/consulting on pricing,
• freight preparation for shipment/transportation (packaging, weighing, marking),
• freight delivery to the point of transfer to the main means of transportation,
• preparation of shipment documentation,
• entering into contracts with carriers,
• freight insurance for the duration of shipment,
• freight collection at the point of destination,
• acceptance of payment for the goods delivered,
• financial settlement for the service provided with the carrier,
• undertaking actions towards recovery of unjustified payments collected under
the waybill and other unjustified payments collected in relation to the shipment,
• undertaking adequate actions towards securing Customer rights versus the
carrier and other forwarding agents, arising from damage occurred in shipment,
• Customer notification on expected or already existing obstacles to the shipment
§4. SHIPPING ORDER – GENERAL TERMS.
1. The shipment order shall be the basis for entering the shipping agreement and shall
comply with the draft specimen used by the Shipper.
2. The shipment order shall be accepted by the Shipper, who is acting in accordance
with it and within the limitations set forth in the order.
3. The shipment order shall not require for its validity to be in writing, in order
however to avoid misunderstandings and inadequate provision of services, the
recommendation is to issue or confirm the order in writing.
4. The Shipper shall not be held liable for consequences of errors and
misunderstandings arising as a result of registration of a shipping order verbally or by
5. The Shipper shall not be liable for consequences of additional instructions being
directly given by the Customer to other parties involved in the realization of the
6. The shipping order shall include all necessary information about the shipment, its
properties and in particular, the designations and identification numbers of the
individual pieces (packages), their number, weight, dimensions, volume, quantity and
type and also specify the scope of the service contracted and any other data and
documents required to properly complete the shipment order.
7. The Customer shall be obliged to submit complete and correct shipment order. The
Customer shall indemnify the Shipper and any third parties against the results of
providing in the shipment order the information which is inaccurate, incomplete or
incorrect. Such liability shall also apply to data provided in the documents,
correspondence and information specified for the shipment, concerning the number,
weight, dimensions and properties as well as from defective packaging of the freight,
etc. even if the lack of accuracy, incompleteness or incorrectness occurred without
intentional fault of the Customer.
8. By filling out the declaration form, the Customer shall confirm truthfulness of the
information given, as well as the acknowledgement of the terms of this agreement
and the terms of the Shipper’s tariffs, both of which shall become binding on the date
of signing the declaration form and its submission.
9. The Shipper shall have the right to verify accuracy and completeness of the
information provided in the shipment order and to check the signatures and authority
of the persons signing the orders and other documents.
10. The Shipper may contract out the whole or part of the accepted order to third
parties. In such a case, all terms covering limited liability of the Shipper set forth in
these Terms and Conditions of Service shall also apply to the Replacement and
11. An order may be submitted to the Shipper via electronic mail, facsimile or any
other method, as agreed by the parties. The acceptance of the order shall be recorded
in compliance with the current practices of the Shipper.
§5. SUBJECT OF THE SHIPMENT CONTRACT.
1. The Customer shall be obliged to specify the value of the shipment in the waybill
received by the courier upon freight collection by the courier and to confirm accuracy
of the information with his/her own signature on the waybill.
2. The Shipper shall not accept shipment orders for:
• packages containing dangerous objects or objects which may cause harm to persons
or property, in particular: easily flammable and explosive materials (i.e. arms and
ammunition), radioactive or corrosive substances as well as chemically and
biologically active materials;
• drugs and psychotropic substances as well as medicines and substances requiring
special shipment precautions;
• live animals and plants, human and animal debris;
• packages containing or consisting of quickly deteriorating products – freight of
physical or chemical properties which are changing in time and therefore require
special precautions in transportation;
• tobacco and alcoholic products;
• goods with inscriptions or images on the packaging or visible parts violating any
lawful rights and also packages being a model, production matrix or prototype of any
piece of equipment, machine or other industrial product;
• valuable freight, more particularly: valuables and money, vouchers, securities,
jewellery products, pieces of art, antiques, numismatics, collections, etc.;
• goods and materials whose properties may cause hazard to the health or life of
people or animals exposed or may damage other goods or any means or
transportation or tools used in their handling;
• packages requiring additional permits, concessions or which are banned from
transportation by law;
• badly packaged or inadequately protected packages;
• freight qualified as hazardous materials or goods, items, whose transportation is
banned or restricted by the IATA (International Air Transport Association), ICAO
(International Civil Aviation Organization) regulations or by the public administration
• packages with no customs declaration, if such a document is required by the
• liquid and easily deteriorating foodstuffs, which are not contained in hermetically
• packages containing glass, etc, and also containing electronic equipment sensitive to
• plants or goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestation or
3. Should a package excluded from shipping (according to the information included in
the Clause 2 of this paragraph) be received for shipment or should the content thereof
differ from the declared one, the Sender shall be obliged to repair any damage arising
as a consequence of that in full amount – it also applies to the situations of
environmental contamination. The Shipper shall not be liable for any damage, loss or
partial loss of such freight.
§6. TERMS OF FREIGHT ACCEPTANCE FOR TRANSPORTATION.
1. The Customer shall be responsible for proper preparation of the goods for
transportation, including packaging, marking and description. The detailed instructions
for preparation of the package for shipment have been published on the website of
the Shipper at www.catrinatrans.co.uk.
2. In the case of shipments whose properties or content shall require packaging, the
Customer will be obliged to deliver the goods in a package complying with the
requirements of the Shipper.
3. The package shall be:
• sealed and protected against accidental opening with self-adhesive tape, seal, wax
• sufficiently resistant and preventing access to the contents of the package without
leaving visible trace;
• free of elements which might cause damage to other packages in shipment.
4. The packaging and protection of the shipment shall be included in the weight of the
5. The shipped freight shall be a unified object. Should the goods delivered by the
Customer to the Shipper not be adequately prepared/packaged, the Shipper will have
the right to treat each part of freight as a separate shipment and thus charge the
Customer with additional costs.
6. In the case of gross negligence in packaging or protection of the package, the
Shipper may refuse to accept it for shipment. In the case of inadequate or missing
packaging, the Shipper may also package the shipment at the cost of the Customer.
7. Detailed instructions for packaging of shipments shall be accessible on the website
of the Shipper. The Shipper reserves the right to vary its packaging requirements
depending on the type of service (Catrina Classic, Catrina Van or Catrina Sped).
8. The Shipper may also refuse to ship a package in the following cases:
• should the Shipper find that the declared content or weight of the package is not
correct or should there be justified suspicion of such disinformation,
• should the Customer fail to adequately protect the package.
9. Under the terms of the contract, the Customer shall be obliged to provide the
Shipper with any documents required by law in regard to the transportation of the
10. Before accepting a package for shipment service, the Shipper may request the
Customer to open the package to verify the accuracy of the information provided by
the Customer in the shipment order, in particular to check the value declared and
exclusions from shipment services and to check the means of protection inside the
11. The Shipper shall be obliged to inform the Customer about the right to open the
package and verify its contents also after its acceptance for shipment, if required by
the authorities or in other circumstances justifying suspicion of acting against the
Terms and Conditions of Service or general legal governance.
12. By submitting a shipment order, the Customer shall guarantee that the
statements made in the application form or waybill, concerning the physical
parameters of the shipment (weight, content, dimensions, etc.) are true and
13. Should the Customer be found to breach the terms set forth in Clause §6.1 above after the acceptance of the package for shipment, the Customer will be charged 18 GBP inc vat.
14. Payment of the penalty specified in Clause §6.13 above shall not preclude the
Shipper from claiming on general terms any damages exceeding such an amount.
§7. ORDER EXECUTION. RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SHIPPER
1. The Shipper shall be obliged to act according to the order accepted. Should the
circumstances require actions which are not covered by the order, the Shipper will act
in the best interest of the shipment, with due diligence and in compliance with the
binding regulations of the law.
2. Should the shipment order fail to provide clear, sufficient and feasible instructions
or special terms of agreement, the Shipper shall have the freedom to choose the
shipment time, method, type of transportation and tariff. In each of the above cases,
the Shipper shall act in the best interest of the shipment but also at the risk and
expense of the Customer.
3. Should the Shipper be obliged to send documents with the confirmation of receipt,
obtaining such a confirmation shall release the Shipper from liability for failure to
deliver or for the delay in delivery of the documents. Without a written instruction the
Shipper shall not be obliged to provide insurance for the documents shipped.
4. On collecting the package, the Shipper or his authorized representative shall be
obliged to check whether the shipment has been delivered in an unaltered condition,
without missing content or external damage and in compliance with the documents
5. Should the package be stored in third-party storage facilities, verification of the
condition and compliance with the waybill documents will be carried out by the entity
6. Should damage or missing content be identified in the shipment or should seals and
other safety measures be missing or inadequate, the Shipper shall secure the rights of
the Customer against any third party liable for the identified alterations or damages
and shall notify the Customer.
7. The receipt of shipment collection issued by the Shipper shall form a supposition
that the Shipper has taken over the package in a state and condition indicated in the
8. In executing the shipment order, the Shipper shall be obliged to comply with the
deadlines set forth by commercial agreement (letter of credit, etc.) as specified in the
order, unless providing the service within such deadlines is impossible for reasons
independent of the Shipper’s wishes. The Shipper shall be obliged to notify or inform
the Customer about existence of such circumstances.
9. Upon handing over the shipment to the Shipper, the Customer shall receive a
waybill, including an individual tracking number which allows progress monitoring of
package delivery to its destination point, via the tracking functionality at
10. The Customer shall be obliged to indicate the value of the shipment in the waybill
received by the courier upon collection of the package and to confirm accuracy of the
information provided with his/her personal signature on the waybill.
11. Whilst the Shipper in regard to national or regional laws and regulations which are
subject to change and interpretation shall always endeavour in good faith to provide
the Customer with up to date information, based upon existing known circumstances,
the Customer is obliged to seek appropriate advice to verify the accuracy of any
1. The Shipper shall only provide insurance cover for the shipment following clear and
specific written instructions. Unless otherwise specified in writing, the Shipper shall
not be obliged to arrange individual insurance for each of the packages. Declaration of
a package value in the shipment order shall not mean that the Shipper is requested to
arrange insurance of the shipment.
2. By offering the Customer the option to insure the package or by concluding the
insurance contract on behalf and at the cost of the Customer, the Shipper shall be
obliged to provide the terms of insurance to the Customer:
- should the shipment be covered by a general insurance policy – before entering into
the shipment contract;
- in any other case – before entering into the insurance contract.
§9. RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SHIPPER.
1. The Shipper shall be liable for loss, partial loss or damage to the package, from its
collection to the delivery to the carrier, Secondary Shipper, Customer or a person
indicated by the Customer.
2. The shipment shall be considered as lost should it fail to be delivered to its point of
destination (delivery address) by fault of the Shipper, within 28 (twenty eight) days
from the expected date of the shipment order completion.
3. Circumstances independent of the Shipper or other persons representing the
Shipper which completely or partially prevent delivery of the Shipper’s contractual
obligations shall release the Shipper from the responsibility of timely delivery of the
service for the duration of persistence of such circumstances. The Shipper shall be
obliged to inform the Customer about the existence of such circumstances without
delay. Should the adverse circumstances persist beyond the reasonable time, the
Shipper shall have the right to withdraw from the contract, even if it has already been
partially executed. However, before withdrawing from the contract, the Shipper shall
be obliged to secure the shipment and the interest of the Customer, in agreement
with him. Should the Shipper withdraw from the contract for the reasons specified
above, he will be entitled to reimbursement of expenses incurred in the course of the
shipment order execution and a proportional part of the compensation due for the
4. In particular, the Shipper shall not be liable for damage occurring as a result of:
a) inadequate packaging or marking of the goods by the Customer or third party,
b) open-air storage of the goods, as previously agreed or executed following
applicable best practices,
c) theft or infraction,
d) force majeure (resolution of authorities, weather conditions, acts of war, social
e) natural properties of the goods,
f) third-party action, which could not have been prevented by the Shipper.
5. The Shipper shall be liable for any loss, partial loss or damage to the package
occurred by fault of the Shipper, within the limits of standard package value, not
- material losses (loss, partial loss or damage) – GBP 3.33 (three pounds and thirty
three pence) per 1 kg of gross weight affected by the loss, partial loss or damage,
- material losses (loss, partial loss or damage) occurred in transportation (various
means excluding maritime transport) – GBP 3.33 (three pounds and thirty three
pence) per 1 kg of gross weight affected by the loss, partial loss or damage.
6. In the case of partial loss, the amount of claim shall be determined based on the
weight of the lost part of the goods or based on proportional compensation for the
7. The upper limit of the Shipper’s liability for loss, partial loss or damage to the
package is GBP 300 (three hundred pounds).
8. Liability of the Shipper for damage caused other than loss, partial loss or damage
to the package shall be limited to 200% of the Shipper’s compensation value.
9. The Shipper shall not be liable for damages occurring in consequence of failure to
perform or inadequate performance of the service, consisting of lost benefit, profit or
income on the side of both the Customer and third parties.
10. The exclusions from liability listed above shall not apply to the cases of damage
occurred through the Shipper’s deliberate fault or gross negligence.
11. No employer of the Shipper shall be separately liable to the Customer for any loss,
damage, mis-delivery, errors or omissions under these Terms and Conditions.
§10. COMPENSATION OF THE SHIPPER AND OTHER COSTS.
1. The Shipper shall be entitled to compensation paid by the Customer according to
the terms of the agreement concluded.
2. The Shipper shall be duly compensated for services which are not covered by the
shipment contract concluded but which have been agreed by the Customer and for
services not agreed but required for the correct completion of the contract.
Additionally, the Shipper shall be entitled to reimbursement of the costs incurred as a
result of the additional services provision.
3. Fees for the shipment service and other services related to the execution of the
contract shall be agreed according to the current and binding tariff of the Shipper.
Payments for the services provided shall be based on invoices issued by the Shipper,
in the form of prepayment transfers to the Shipper’s bank account, in cash, by credit,
debit card or PayPal transfer.
4. The Shipper might make the order execution dependent on the advance payment
by the Customer towards expenses necessary for the performance of the contract
(i.e., freight and port fees, custom duties, etc.). The Shipper may also require
immediate refund of already incurred expenses prior to continuation of the service. In
case of gradual or staged delivery, the Shipper shall be entitled to partial settlements
of the fees and costs due.
5. Foreclosure, damage, loss or partial loss of the shipment, which is not caused by
fault of the Shipper and also losses caused by force majeure, forfeit (confiscation) or
other act of the authorities concerning the shipment shall not effect claims of the
Shipper towards the Customer, in particular claims relating to the payment of
contractual compensation and reimbursement of costs and expenses.
6. Contracting the Shipper on behalf of a third party or appointment of a third party
as a payer of the Shipper’s due compensation shall not release the Customer from the
obligation to pay the amounts due.
7. The Shipper shall be obliged to verify whether the sub-contractor compensation has
been calculated correctly. Should any error be identified, the Shipper shall be obliged
to submit a claim without delay. The Customer shall be obliged to pay the Shipper all
his expenses relating to the claim.
8. The Customer shall be obliged to reimburse the Shipper for all the expenses related
to the performance of the order, incurred by the Shipper in consequence of his
appointment, by the Customer or contractor of the Customer, as recipient of the
goods in the master bill of lading or air-waybill.
9. Should the Shipper invest his own funds in the process of execution of the order,
the Shipper shall be entitled to a commission on amounts paid on behalf of the
Customer. Should such a commission rate not be defined in the tariff or agreement
with the Customer, the binding rate shall be equal to the current statutory interest
10. The Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998, as amended, shall
apply to all sums due from the Customer.
§11. COLLATERAL AND LIEN RIGHTS.
1. The Shipper shall have the right to retain the shipment as collateral to secure his
claims, i.e. shipping fee, reimbursement of expenses and other amounts due arising
from shipment orders, also if these due amounts arise from the past shipment orders.
2. The Shipper shall execute its lien clause rights as long as the package remains in
his control or in the control of the person holding the package on the Shipper’s behalf
or as long as he can manage it using documents.
3. Should the goods subject to the lien clause rights get lost or damaged, the
Customer will be obliged to waive his compensation claims from the insurance
provider, to the benefit of the Shipper.
4. Should any third party lodge claims against the Shipper, in case of execution by the
Shipper of the lien clause or collateral rights on the shipment, the Customer shall be
obliged to immediately release the Shipper from such liability and to repair damage
incurred by the Shipper.
1. Any claim relating to the shipping services provided shall immediately be notified
by electronic mail sent to: email@example.com, no later than within 3
(three) days from the day of collection of the shipment in case of partial loss or
damage to the package and no later than within 5 (five) days from the expected
delivery date in case of delay or loss of the package.
2. Should damage to the packaging or content of the package be identified on
delivery, the recipient shall be obliged to inform the courier about this fact. In such a
situation it is required to write a damage protocol, describing the damage or to mark
identified damage on the courier delivery document.
3. Damage which cannot be visually identified shall be notified to the Shipper within
two hours from collection of the goods, by electronic mail to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Should the notification of such reservations to the condition
of the goods be submitted on later date, the goods shall be assumed to have been
delivered in an unaltered condition, unless the Customer cannot be held responsible
for the delay in informing the Shipper and the notification takes place immediately
after the removal of an obstacle.
4. A claim procedure is instigated on the receipt of a written claim form, made and
submitted by an authorized person, which contains:
a) corporate name or first and second name and address of the Claimant;
b) title of the claim;
c) proof of entitlement to carry out the claim in the stated amount, in the form of an
invoice/payment receipt for the object;
d) confirmation of shipment pick-up (waybill);
e) documented amount of claim;
f) copy of the protocol written on request and in the presence of the Recipient by the
representative of the delivery service provider in the case of claim relating to partial
loss or damage to the package.
5. The claim should be submitted together with the documents confirming the
condition of the package and circumstances of the damage or partial loss occurrence.
The Claimant shall be obliged to deliver the above-mentioned documents within 5
(five) days from the Shipper’s request for documentation.
6. Claims submitted outside the above deadlines (as specified in this paragraph),
claims with insufficient or incomplete documentation and also those completed and
submitted after the deadline or filed by a person with no entitlement shall be deemed
as not submitted.
7. Persons authorized to file a claim include: the Sender, Recipient or Customer of the
shipment. Should the claim be submitted by another person, he/she will be obliged to
attach the powers of attorney document, confirming the right to represent an
authorized person or a document certifying transfer of rights to the claim proceedings.
8. Providing complete documentation of the claim should be made within 5 (five) days
from requesting missing documentation/information from the claimant. After this
deadline, the claim shall not be handled, without an option of resuming it.
9. The Shipper shall make available a specimen of the damage protocol.
10. The Shipper reserves the right to request other documents necessary to complete
the claim procedure.
11. In the case of damaged goods, the package shall be retained for Shipper
inspection until final conclusion of the claim procedure.
12. Immediately following completion of the claim handling procedure, the Shipper or
insurance provider shall inform the claimant in writing about the outcome of the claim
13. Submission of a claim to the Shipper shall in no case release from the obligation
to pay the shipping service fee or from making deductions in mutual financial
settlements, without prior written consent of the Shipper.
14. The right to claim damages for inadequate delivery of services shall expire upon
acceptance with no reservations of the shipment by the Recipient.
§13. DETAILED TERMS OF SHIPMENT SERVICES.
A. CATRINA CLASSIC.
DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICE:
- quick shipment of packages up to 30 kg, the shipment shall consist of one integral
- transportation of the package using subcontractors, machine handling of packages
at particular stages of shipment;
- recipient countries covered by the service: Poland, UK (England, Wales, Scotland
and Ireland) and other countries in Europe (Germany, Netherlands, Denmark,
Belgium, Franc, Spain, etc.)
- goods excluded from the service: glass objects, any type of electronic equipment
and household appliances – the goods shall not be susceptible to damage;
- the Shipper website provides an example list of goods with limited insurance
liability; shipment of goods included in the list is only realized at the Customer’s own
- the CATRINA CLASSIC service includes two sub-categories: CATRINA CLASSIC
STANDARD and CATRINA CLASSIC EXPRESS.
SHIPMENT AND DELIVERY.
1. The Customer shall be obliged to prepare the package in compliance with the
requirements of these Terms and Conditions of Service.
2. “UK to POLAND” shipment orders placed before 5PM can be realized on the next
working day at the earliest. “UK to POLAND” shipment orders with Monday delivery
must be placed on Friday, before 12:00, orders placed on Friday after 12:00 will not
be realized earlier than on Tuesday. This does not apply to orders placed with longer
notice. “POLAND to UK” orders placed before 8:00 a.m. can be realized on the same
3. Orders shall only be realized after registration of the payment, in compliance with
these Terms and Conditions of Service.
4. The "Catrina Classic" service does not allow the option of arranging a collection
time with the courier. Couriers collect the shipments from Monday to Friday between
9:00 and 17:00. In peak times (i.e. before holidays), collection of the shipments may
take place in evening hours. Packages can be collected directly in the regional DPD
branches (address and order number provided to the Customer directly by the Shipper
personnel on duty in the customer service centre).
5. During package collection, the courier shall be obliged to issue to the Sender a
waybill and tracking number. The Sender shall be obliged to verify correctness of
waybill data concerning the sender, recipient, number of packages, etc. Incorrect data
shall immediately be notified to the 24 hour intervention centre of the Shipper by
telephone (in specified hours) or by electronic mail (24/7 service) at:
6. Collection and delivery of the package by the courier shall be done on a "door to
door" basis, throughout the territories of the United Kingdom and Poland. The
standard delivery time in Europe is 3 – 5 working days. The term delivery is not guaranteed.
Every shipment in the „Catrina Classic” service shall be covered with GBP 100 (one
hundred pounds) insurance. The Shipper’s liability shall be limited to the amount of
cover. The detailed procedure and terms of handling higher claims are provided in
these Terms and Conditions of Service.
A.1. CATRINA CLASSIC STANDARD
DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICE:
- type of service selected by the Customer within the CATRINA CLASSIC offer;
- shipment service delivered using services of the DPD company;
- shipment orders placed before 12:00 shall be realized on the next working day;
- no waybill printout required.
A.2. CATRINA CLASSIC EXPRESS
DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICE:
- type of service selected by the Customer within the CATRINA CLASSIC offer;
- shipment service delivered using the services of the UPS company;
- shipment orders placed before 10:00 shall be realized on the same working day;
- after placing the order and making payment of the fee specified in the Shipper’s
tariff (only by card or using the PayPal service), the Customer shall receive a waybill
to the e-mail address indicated.
B. CATRINA VAN.
DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICE:
- aimed at Customers wishing to ship packages outside the “Catrina Classic” weight
limit of 30 kg;
- shipment of non-standard dimension and “FRAGILE” packages within the whole of
- in this service category, deliveries are made by Shipper personnel only;
- the costs of the shipping service shall be agreed individually with the Shipper’s
SHIPMENT AND DELIVERY.
1. The time for delivery of the package ranges from 5 to 10 working days.
2. Collections and delivery of the packages are made directly from the courier vehicle.
3. The courier shall be obliged to drive as close to the sender/recipient address, as
permitted by traffic conditions and infrastructure, i.e.: hardened road surface adapted
for traffic of various sizes of vehicles, no traffic restriction in the particular area and
also the architecture building layout – adequate construction of roofs, manoeuvring
area for the vehicle, kerb, fencing, gardens, adjacent property and others.
4. The courier may refuse to drive to the point of delivery should there be no
adequate conditions allowing safe movement of the courier’s vehicle and, based on
the courier’s judgment, access to the location could cause damage to the vehicle or
other property. The above conditions shall also be applicable to weather changes,
which may impair safe conditions of access.
5. The delivery/collection courier shall be obliged to inform the sender/recipient of the
package about the impossibility to safely access the location in the situations
described in the Clauses 3 and 4 above, as well as about the reasons and
consequences of this situation.
6. Should the addressee not be present, the courier shall leave a notice, indicating
ways of contacting the Shipper’s office.
7. The deadline for contacting the Shipper is 3 (three) days starting from the day
following issue of the shipment notice. After that time the package will be returned to
the Customer. The cost of returning the shipment shall be covered by the Customer.
8. The deadlines and cost of repeat or return deliveries shall be determined by the
Shipper, but it shall not exceed 200% of the fee agreed between the Customer and
the Shipper. The return or repeat delivery costs shall be paid to the bank account of
the Shipper, before delivery of the package.
Every package within the „Catrina Van” service scheme shall be covered with GBP 300
(three hundred pounds) insurance. The Shipper’s liability shall be limited to the
amount of cover. The detailed procedure and terms of handling higher claims are
provided in these Terms and Conditions of Service. Should the Customer declare an
amount exceeding the cover indicated in the previous sentences, the level of
insurance can be increased in exchange for an additional fee. Higher claims shall be
handled on a case to case basis by the claims section of the operator. All claims shall
be handled in compliance with the terms and procedures described in detail in this
C. CATRINA SPED.
DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICE:
- it is mainly directed at Customers who require freight transportation in pallets. The
platforms covered by the service include the following types of pallets: EURO, EUR,
MAV, ISO and container pallets;
- transportation of goods on non-standard pallets will only be possible following the
consultation and agreement with the technical advisor of the Shipper’s Customer
- the weight of the load shall not exceed 200 kg;
- within this service framework, the Shipper may contract the shipment service to a
secondary shipper (subcontractor);
- the costs of the shipping service shall be agreed with the Shipper’s customer on an
SHIPMENT AND DELIVERY.
1. The time to deliver a shipment is 5 to 10 working days. The Shipper reserves the
right to extend the delivery time, should subcontracting of a secondary shipper be
2. Should the addressee be absent at the delivery point, the courier shall leave a
notification, indicating contact data of the Shipper or secondary shipper
(subcontractor) office. Contact with the office shall be required to pursue the order.
3. The deadline for contacting the Shipper is 3 (three) days starting from the day
following notification of the shipment delivery. On the expiry of this deadline the
shipment shall be returned to the Customer. The Customer shall cover the costs of
returning the package to the sender.
4. The deadlines and costs of second or return deliveries shall be determined by the
Shipper and may not exceed 200% of the fee agreed between the Customer and
Shipper. The fee charged for return or second delivery shall be paid to the bank
account of the Shipper, before delivery of the shipment.
Every shipment under the „Catrina Sped” service framework is covered with GBP 300
(three hundred pounds) insurance. The Shipper’s liability shall be limited to the
amount of insurance cover and the insurance cover shall extend to all stages of the
service delivery by the secondary shipper (subcontractor). Should the Customer
declare an amount higher than the amount of cover specified the previous sentence,
the value of insurance may be raised. Higher claims shall be considered on individual
case basis by the claims section of the operator. All claims shall be handled in
compliance with the terms and procedures described in detail in this TCoS document.
§14. FINAL TERMS OF AGREEMENT.
1. The Terms and Conditions of Service provided by the Shipper shall be made
accessible to all interested parties, free-of-charge, via the Shipper’s website (at
www.catrinatrans.co.uk) and in the main Shipper’s office.
2. These Terms and Conditions and any act or contract to which they apply shall be
governed by English law and any dispute arising out of any act or contract to which
these Conditions apply shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English
3. The Customer shall be obliged to read and accept these Terms and Conditions of
Service before delivering the freight to the Shipper for shipment.
4. Terms of agreement, which have been individually negotiated with the clients may
vary from these Terms and Conditions of Service. In such cases, the TCoS shall apply
to all issues, which are not adequately regulated in the negotiated terms of
5. In compliance with Data Protection Act 1998, by registering in the
www.catrinatrans.co.uk the Customer is voluntarily providing his/her personal data
and shall have the right to view, amend or remove such information from the website
6. Any personal information provided by the Customers shall be deemed as
confidential and shall in no way be disclosed or sold to individuals, legal entities or
any other entities.
7. The Customer agrees for the Shipper to process his/her data and to communicate
such information to the transportation providers within the limits necessary for the
correct delivery of the service.
Catrina Trans Limited
CLOVELLY ROAD INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
UNIT 11, HABAT ENTERPRISE PK
VAT number: GB 208765294
Company number: 8772541
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.